IzTech Chemical Engineering Program Educational Objectives
We aim to graduate students who will:
- gain employment in national or international corporations and research and development departments through their advanced knowledge of Chemical Engineering,
- find professional careers in a wide range of industries,
- assume positions of leadership,
- be desirable candidates for a variety of science and engineering graduate programs.
IzTech Chemical Engineering Program Outcomes
- An ability to solve engineering problems by applying knowledge of mathematics, life sciences and engineering.
- An ability to identify, define, and model complex engineering problems and solve them with the appropriate tools.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints.
- An ability to use information technologies and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering applications.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments and to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to work well both individually and on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in Turkish and English.
- An awareness of the importance of lifelong learning.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility and engineering standards.
- Understanding of entrepreneurship, innovation, and sustainable development, and a knowledge of professional life, including project management, risk management, and change management.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to today’s problems and the social and global effects of engineering applications on the environment, health, and safety, along with their legal consequences.
- A propensity to research and development as an outcome of research focused education.
- Knowledge of a Chemical Engineering related discipline.