Prof. Dr. Mehmet Polat
İzmir Yüksek Teknoloji Enstitüsü Kimya Mühendisliği Bölümü, Urla, İzmir
Telefon: +90 232 750 6693 Faks: +90 232 750 6645
Araştırma grubumuz için Mehmet Polat Araştırma Grubu adresini ziyaret ediniz.
- Bachelor of Sciences in Mining Engineering ,Dokuz Eylul University , Turkey
- Master of Sciences in Mineral Processing,Dokuz Eylul University , Turkey
- Master of Sciences in Mineral Processing, The Pennsylvania State University , USA
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mineral Processing, The Pennsylvania State University , USA
Research Assistant, Mining Engineering Department,Dokuz Eylul University , Turkey
August 1984 to December 1986.
Research Assistant, Mineral Processing Department, Pennsylvania State University USA
August 1987to December 1995.
Assistant Professor, Mineral Processing Department, Dokuz Eylul University Turkey
April 1996 to November 1999.
Associate Professor, Mineral Processing Department, Dokuz Eylul University Turkey
November 1999 to May 2002.
Visiting Professor, Chemistry Department,Ben Gurion University, Israel
November 2000 to October 2001.
Associate Professor, Chemical Engineering Department,Izmir Institute of Technology , Turkey
May 2002 to August 2006
Visiting Professor, Advanced Sintering Technology Group, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan
October 2004 to April 2006.
Professor, Chemical Engineering Department,Izmir Institute of Technology , Turkey
August 2006 to date
Colloid and Surface Chemistry; Particle Technology/Nano Technology; Mineral Processing; Wastewater Treatment; Mathematical Modeling; Fluid Mechanics
1. G. Yelken, M Polat, “Determination of electrostatic potential distribution by Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM)on model silica and alumina surfaces in aqueous electrolyte solutions”, Applied Surface Science, 301, 2014, 149-155.
2. G. Akar , M. Polat, G. Galecki, U. Ipekoglu, “Leaching behavior of selected trace elements in coal fly ash samples from Yenikoy coal-fired power plants”, Fuel Processing Technology, 2012, 104, 50–56.
3. K. Koseoglu, M. Polat, H. Polat, ”Encapsulating fly ash and acidic process waste water in brick structure”, JOURNAL OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS, April 2010, 176, 1-3, 957-964.
4. M. Polat, H. Polat, ”Analytical Solution of Poisson-Boltzmann Equation for Interacting Plates of Arbitrary Potential and Same Sign”, JOURNAL OF COLLOID AND INTERFACE SCIENCE , 2010, 341, 178-185.
5. M. Kes, H. Polat, S. Keleşoğlu, M. Polat and G. Aksoy, Determination of the particle interactions, rheology and the surface roughness relationship for dental restorative ceramics, Journal Of The European CeramIc SocIety, 29(14), 2959-2967, 2009.