Prof Dr. Erol Şeker
İzmir Yüksek Teknoloji Enstitüsü Kimya Mühendisliği Bölümü, Urla, İzmir
Telefon: +90 232 750 6646 Faks: +90 232 750 6645
Araştırma grubumuz için Erol Şeker Araştırma Grubu dresini ziyaret ediniz.
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering,University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan USA
- M.S., Chemical Engineering,Middle East Technical University, Ankara Turkey
- B.S., Chemical Engineering,Middle East Technical University, Ankara Turkey
- Associate Professor (IYTE, Izmir, Turkey) January 2009- present
- Assistant Professor (IYTE, Izmir, Turkey) June 2002-January 2009
- Senior Research Scientist (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA) March 2005-June 2007
- Research Fellow (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA) March 2000-June 2002
- Graduate Student Research Assistant (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA) January 1999-April 2000
- Graduate Student Instructor (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA) September 1998-January 1999
- Graduate Student Instructor (Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey) September 1990-September 1993
Heterogeneous catalysis, environmental catalysis, photocatalysis, electrocatalysis, novel catalyst synthesis, catalyst characterization, sol-gel processing, micro-reactors.
- Hydrogen Energy
- Biofuels (biodiesel, algal biofuels, syn-gas)
- Fuel Cells & Electrolyzers
- Renewable Energy
- Fuel Processing
- Catalytic Combustion
- Catalytic NOx and VOC abatement
- D. Duzenli, E. Seker, S. Senkan, I. Onal, “Epoxidation of Propene by High-Throughput Screening Method Over Combinatorially Prepared Cu Catalysts Supported on High and Low Surface Area Silica“ Catalysis Letters, 2012, 142(10), 1234
- E. Umdu, E. Seker, Transesterification of Sunflower Oil on Single Step Sol-Gel Made Al2O3 Supported CaO Catalysts: Effect of Basic Strength and Basicity on Turnover Frequency, Bioresource Technology, 2012, 106, 178.
- M. Tuncer, E. Seker, Single Step Sol-Gel made Silver Chloride on Titania Xerogels to Inhibit E. Coli bacteria Growth: Effect of Preparation and Chloride ion on Bactericidal Activity, Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, 2011, 59, 2, 304.
- Onal, D. Duzenli, A. Seubsai, M. Kahn, E. Seker, S. Senkan, Propylene Epoxidation: High-Throughput Screening of Supported Metal Catalysts Combinatorially Prepared by Rapid Sol-Gel Method, Topics in Catalysis, 2010, 53, (1-2), 92.
- Weidenhof, M. Reiser, K. Stöwe, W. Maier, M. Kim, J. Azurdia, E. Gulari, E. Seker, A. Barks, R. Laine, High-Throughput Screening of Nanoparticle Catalysts Made by Flame Spray Pyrolysis as Hydrocarbon/NO Oxidation Catalysts, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2009, 131, (26), 9207.
- E. Umdu, M. Tuncer, E. Seker, Transesterification of Nannochloropsis oculata microalgal lipid to biodiesel on Al2O3 supported CaO and MgO catalysts, Bioresource Technology, 2009, 100, 11, 2828.
- E. Seker, The catalytic reforming of bio-ethanol over SiO2 supported ZnO catalysts: The role of ZnO loading and the steam reforming of acetaldehyde, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2008, 33, (8), 2044.