Prof. Dr. Selahattin Yılmaz
Izmir Institute of Technology, Department of Chemical Engineering, Urla, Izmir
Phone: +90 232 750 6659
Fax: +90 232 750 6645
For website of the research group, please visit: Selahattin Yilmaz Research Group
B.Sc. : Middle East Technical University, Chemical Engineering Department, 1982- 1987.
M.Sc. : The University of Sheffield, Chemical and Biological Engineering, 1989-1990.
Ph. D. : The University of Sheffield, Chemical and Biological Engineering, 1990-1995.
Professor Chemical Engineering Izmir Institue of Technology 2011-
Assoc. Professor Chemical Engineering Izmir Institue of Technology 2005-2011
Assist. Professor Chemical Engineering Izmir Institue of Technology 1998-2005
Assist. Professor Mechanical Engineering Izmir Institue of Technology 1995-1998
Res. Assistant Chemical Enginering Middle East Technical University 1987-1989
- Development of Heteregeneous Catalysts for Production of Bulk and Fine Chemicals
- Biomass Conversion to Chemicals and Fuels
- Fatty Oils and Esters Conversion to Speciality and Fine Chemicals
- Catalytic Reaction Engineering
- Micropore and Mesopore Material Synthesis and Characterisation (Zeolites, SBA-15 …)
- Production of Chemicals for Different Industries Including Cosmetics, Cleaning, Lubricants and Oleochemicals.
- Mutlu V. N. Yılmaz., Esterification of cetyl alcohol with palmitic acid over WO3/Zr-SBA-15 and Zr-SBA-15 catalysts, Appl. Catal. A: Gen, 522 (2016) 194–200.
- Ahmedzeki N., YILMAZ S., Tabbakh B., Synthesis and Characterization of Nanocrystalline Zeolite Y, Al-Khwarizmi Eng. Journal,12(2016) 79- 89.
- Yardımcı A. İ., Yilmaz S., Selamet Y., The Effects of Catalyst Pretreatment, Growth Atmosphere and Temperature on Carbon Nanotube Synthesis Using Co–Mo/MgO Catalyst, Diamond & Related Materials 60 (2015) 81–86.
- Kılıc E., Yılmaz S., Fructose Dehydration to Hydroxymethylfurfural Over Sulfated TiO2-SiO2, Ti-SBA-15, ZrO2, SiO2 and Activated Carbon Catalysts, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 54(2015) 5220-5225.
- Kılıc E., Yılmaz S., Effect of Different Acidity Modifications on H-ZSM5 Zeolites Activity and Selectivity in n-Butene Isomerization, Reac Kinet Mech Cat 112(2014) 283-294.
- Depboylu C.O., Yılmaz S., Akkurt S., Effects of Catalyst Precursor Type and Preparation Conditions, and Solvent Type on Activity and Selectivity of Pt/SiO2 Catalyst in Citral Hydrogenation, Int. J. Chemical Reactor Engineering, Vol.9 (2011) A27.
- Kılıc E., Yılmaz S., HZSM-5 and H-Ferrierite Acidity Modification by Silylation and Their Activities in n-Butene Isomerisation, Int. J. Chemical Reactor Engineering, Vol8.(2010) A164.
- Aykaç, H., Yılmaz S., Hydrogenation of Citral Over Pt and Pt-Sn Catalysts, Turk. J. Chem., 32 (2008) 653 – 662.
- Aykaç, H., Yılmaz S., Hydrogenation of Citral Over Ni and Ni-Sn Catalysts, Turk. J. Chem., 32 (2008) 623 – 633.